Why Should I Choose The Mandel Law Firm?
Long, drawn-out court battles can be financially and emotionally draining. That’s why The Mandel Law Firm approaches family legal matters by prioritizing amicable negotiation. We are committed to helping you resolve your case out of court through compromise, if possible, saving you time, money, and stress.
At the same time, our attorneys can know when litigating your case is more likely to benefit you than attempting to negotiate a resolution. You deserve a family law attorney who knows when to compromise and when to roll up their sleeves and fight. Our attorneys have distinguished themselves through our ability to determine which path best suits a given situation.
If we determine that litigation is your most effective option, you can trust our Grand Central trial attorneys to represent you aggressively in court. We will craft and execute a robust strategy tailored to your specific needs and goals. Few things in life are as emotionally challenging as going through a divorce or dealing with family legal issues, but those challenges become easier to bear when you work with our firm.
We also understand that familial disputes often involve children. As parents ourselves, we know how sensitive these can be. We will give extra consideration to your child’s best interests when seeking a resolution to disagreements over child support, child custody, visitation, and paternity.
Our case results demonstrate our commitment to excellence and our willingness to fight for our clients. Throughout his 40+ year career in family law, founding attorney Steven J. Mandel has received numerous honors and accolades, including a 10.0 Avvo rating and an “AV Preeminent Rating” from Martindale-Hubbell. A member of the Matrimonial Section of the American Bar Association, he has also been recognized as a “Top 100 Lawyer in the United States” and a “Super Lawyer.”
Family Legal Matters The Mandel Law Firm Can Help With
The attorney of our firm have effectively served hundreds of clients in a wide variety of family-related legal matters, including:
- Divorce – We can help you negotiate a fair settlement agreement with your spouse and obtain a lightning-fast no-fault divorce in as little as one month. If the divorce is contentious, we are not afraid to fight it out in court to demand the best terms possible. We also understand the complexities of high net worth divorces, where significant assets like businesses and trusts are at stake. We will do everything in our power to help you begin your new life in a stable financial position.
- LGBTQ Family Matters– Although the courts treat same-sex divorce the same way they treat heterosexual divorce, some same-sex divorces involve special considerations, particularly with regard to property division, spousal support, and custody. We are dedicated to serving the LGBTQ community by providing exemplary legal support for various family law issues, including divorce, adoption, and the dissolution of long-term non-marital relationships.
- Spousal maintenance/alimony– If spousal maintenance is part of your divorce decree, we can fight to get you a fair deal within the formula established by the state, whether you are the one paying alimony or receiving it. If you or your ex-spouse experience a significant change in financial circumstances down the road, we can also help you petition the court to modify the existing order.
- Child support– Child support is a critical aspect of many divorces. Child support isn’t intended to punish the parent who pays it; it is entirely for the child’s benefit. We can assist you whether you need to establish, modify, or enforce a child support order.
- Child custody– As parents, we know how important it is for you to maintain a strong relationship with your child after a divorce. We can help you reach a fair custody arrangement that reflects both your needs and those of your child. We will do everything in our power to compromise and collaborate with your spouse on a custody arrangement, but we will also fight for your parenting rights in court if necessary.
- Post-divorce conflict– Our professional relationship with you doesn’t necessarily end the day your divorce is finalized. We can step in if you need help enforcing a child or spousal support order, obtaining marital property that your ex has refused to hand over, or resolving any other flare-up after your marriage ends.
- Pre- and postnuptial agreements– While you may hope for the best, you should also prepare for the worst. Through a well-crafted prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, our attorneys can protect your assets and your future in case things don’t go according to plan.
- Domestic violence– We are firm advocates for those affected by domestic violence. If you or your children are in danger, we can help you obtain the legal protection you need to escape your present situation while we explore longer-term solutions. We also protect and defend individuals who have been wrongly accused of domestic violence or abuse.
Other family-related legal issues we help with include non-traditional adoptions, military family legal matters, domestic and international parental child abductions, and immigration-related family law issues.
Contact a Grand Central Family Law Attorney at The Mandel Law Firm
Contact The Mandel Law Firm today to find out how a Grand Central family lawyer can help you seek a favorable resolution to your legal matter. We can be reached online or by phone at 646-770-3868. During your initial consultation, we will listen to your questions and concerns, offer guidance, and help you determine the best course of action. Let us fight for you and protect your rights throughout the legal process.