skip to Main Content
Schedule A Consultation: (646) 770-3868

International Family Law Attorneys in New York City

What do you do when your child’s other parent takes your child out of the country and doesn’t return?

DON’T WAIT! Minutes count. If your child was abducted by their other parent to another country, you must file a Hague Petition and you must act quickly. In cases of child abduction, the grim reality is that the odds of having your child returned to you worsen with each passing moment. By far, the most common kind of child abduction is parental child abduction. The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction is an international human rights treaty and legal mechanism to recover children abducted to another country.

At The Mandel Law Firm in New York City, we work with a team of attorneys who have vast experience in arguing Hague Convention cases in the U.S. federal courts. We are equipped with the technical knowledge and aggressive litigation skills to handle your case correctly. We analyze every detail because we know how important it can be to the outcome of your case. Our track record is impressive because we strive to be the best family law attorneys in New York when it comes to complex issues.If you have questions regarding child custody and the legal options available to you when an out-of-country move or another international family law question is at issue, contact a lawyer from our firm today to schedule an in-depth consultation and learn more about how we can help you.

Detailed and Skilled International Child Custody Counsel and Representation

Our reputable legal team can help you with all types of international family law issues and any type of child custody situation, including when a parent:

  • Wishes to prevent international child abduction by preventing the other parent from being able to take the child out of the country
  • Needs court approval to travel internationally with the child
  • Needs to change a custody agreement to allow for an out-of-country move
  • Wants to take his or her child to visit a foreign country and the other parent will not consent
  • Needs to fight an international relocation petition by proving it would not be in the best interest of the child
  • Wishes to relocate overseas with his or her child
  • Wants to prevent his or her child from being taken on overseas visits because of fear the other parent will not return with the child or the country being visited is not safe
  • Has already moved with a child internationally and is now being sued to return with the child

Our tenacious child custody lawyers are familiar with international law that speaks to family law issues. This includes custody matters that are governed by The Hague Convention as well as legislation such as the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act (PKPA) and the International Child Abduction Remedies Act (ICARA).

“The practice of law is an art, not a science.” — Steven J. Mandel

We know how to use the provisions in these laws and treaties, as well as how to find evidence specific to your situation to negotiate or argue why this type of move or visit would or would not be in the best interest of the children and your relationship with your children.

We also know that although some cases are suitable for settlement or alternative dispute resolution, other matters must be fought hard in court to the very end in order to protect your rights and your relationship with your children. We practice in state and federal courtrooms throughout the area and have a long track record of achieving successful results for people like you.

Schedule Your Consultation Today With an International Family Law Attorney in New York

When you are facing a complex family law problem with international components and need clear guidance, Steven J. Mandel and our highly qualified staff of lawyers are here to help you.

Call our Midtown Manhattan offices locally at (646) 770-3868. You can also e-mail us now to schedule an appointment or to get answers to your important questions. We work with families in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester and Nassau counties, and throughout the New York City metro area as well as family members located throughout the world who are interested parties.

Need Counsel or Help to File for International Family Law & Hague Convention Cases in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, the Bronx or Long Island? Contact Us Today.

To learn more about International Family Law & Hague Convention Cases in New York, contact us online or by calling locally at (646) 770-3868.

Back To Top