Why Hire The Mandel Law Firm?
At The Mandel Law Firm, we understand that resolving sensitive legal matters through negotiation and compromise is the ideal path for many families. Litigation can be costly, time-consuming, and stressful for couples who have decided to end their marriage. That’s why we try to help our clients resolve disputes as amicably and fairly as possible outside of court.
Our skilled negotiators will work expeditiously to draft a separation agreement that addresses all the major issues related to your divorce. We will look out for your interests and confirm that the terms of your separation are favorable. We want to help you attain your goal as swiftly and expeditiously as possible. That way, you can start afresh and begin your new life on a positive note without the financial burden of court fees and legal costs from a lengthy trial.
Still, we recognize that disagreements can’t always be resolved outside the legal system and that litigation could be the best way to achieve your goals and protect your future. Our family law attorneys have extensive trial experience, and we will aggressively represent you in court if necessary. You will have our legal and emotional support as we guide you through what is probably one of the most challenging periods of your life.
The divorce process can be intensely emotional, especially when you have to negotiate or litigate issues involving your children, such as child custody and paternity disputes. As attorneys who also happen to be parents, we always consider the best interests of our clients’ kids and approach legal matters involving children with the utmost sensitivity and care.
When you hire The Mandel Law Firm to handle your case, you will benefit from our wealth of knowledge and our long track record of success. Steven J. Mandel is frequently recognized as one of the top family law attorneys in the country and is a member of the American Bar Association (Matrimonial Section). In addition to being selected as a “Super Lawyer” and a “Top 100 Lawyer in the United States,” he also enjoys a superb 10.0 Avvo rating and an “AV Preeminent Rating” with Martindale-Hubbell.
How The Mandel Law Firm Can Help You
Our Soho family law attorneys counsel and helps client navigate a range of sensitive family law issues, including:
- Divorce – Whether you are pursuing a lightning-fast no-fault divorce or your split is less than amicable, our attorneys will do everything in our power to secure the fair deal you deserve. We want you to be well-prepared to start your new life after your marriage ends.
- Child custody and visitation– As parents ourselves, we understand how important your relationship with your children is and why you need a custody arrangement or visitation schedule that reflects it. We can also help you enforce a child custody order if your ex-spouse fails to honor it or modify an existing agreement if you have experienced a significant life change.
- Child support– The Mandel Law Firm can help you establish a child support arrangement, enforce a child support order, or seek a modification of child support payments if you’ve experienced a significant financial setback.
- Spousal maintenance (alimony)– Money is often a contentious issue during a divorce, but one that can be resolved fairly and equitably. Whether you’re requesting maintenance or being asked to pay it, our attorneys can help you understand your options within the rules established by the state.
- Same-sex divorce– Our firm understands the specific needs of the LGBTQ community in our city. Whether you are drafting a prenuptial agreement, considering divorce, trying to negotiate a cohabitation or parenting agreement, or need help protecting your custodial rights, our Soho LGBTQ law attorneys will treat you with the sensitivity and compassion you deserve.
- High net worth complex divorce– When significant assets are at stake, it is critical to have a divorce attorney who understands the complexities of high net worth divorces. Our family lawyers will work to protect your assets and equitably allocate your marital property.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements– Marital agreements can protect you in the unlikely event that your marriage doesn’t work out. Our attorneys can draft a legally valid agreement that meets your unique needs and goals. We can also help you challenge or enforce the terms of an existing prenuptial or postnuptial agreement.
- Post-divorce disputes– It’s not uncommon for former spouses to have disagreements after their divorce has been finalized. We can help you reach a satisfactory resolution if you and your ex-spouse are disputing a child custody arrangement, the amount of monthly support, or another post-divorce issue.
- Domestic violence– If you have been the victim of domestic assault, The Mandel Law Firm can file for a protective order while we work on a more lasting solution. We also have the resources to provide a robust defense for individuals who have been wrongly accused of domestic violence, child abuse, or neglect.
We also regularly assist clients with other family law matters, including immigration for family members and fiancees, divorce-related immigration issues, non-traditional adoptions, military family legal problems, parental abduction, international family law matters, and international parental child abduction (Hague Convention cases).
Divorce and family legal matters are deeply personal, which is why it’s essential to hire an attorney you can trust – a seasoned legal professional who has your back. You also need a lawyer who can discern when compromise is the best path toward a favorable resolution and when aggressively litigating is more likely to yield the desired results. We pride ourselves on knowing when to negotiate and when to put up a fight.
Contact a Soho Family Law Attorney at Mandel Law Firm
Don’t hesitate to contact a Soho family law attorney at The Mandel Law Firm if you are considering divorce or struggling with a family-related legal dispute. You don’t have to go through the legal process on your own. Our team can guide you quickly and efficiently through this challenging time so that you can move on with your life. Call us at 646-770-3868 to set up a consultation with our office.