Why You Should Choose The Mandel Law Firm
If you are filing for divorce or dealing with another sensitive family law matter, you need an attorney who takes the time to understand your objectives and has the skills to gauge the best path forward. One quality that sets The Mandel Law Firm apart is our ability to discern whether negotiation or litigation will benefit you the most given your unique situation.
We believe in a cooperative approach when couples are willing to compromise, as it typically leads to a speedier, more amicable resolution. Avoiding litigation can also save you significant time and money. Our skilled negotiators will work towards a fair settlement agreement with your spouse while protecting your parenting and property rights. We’ll help you resolve any disputes arising during the process and advocate for the best deal possible. You can count on our West Village family lawyers to safeguard your future and prepare you for the next chapter of your life.
While we always try to help our clients cordially resolve their family legal matters, we also understand that litigation sometimes becomes necessary. If negotiation isn’t a viable option, you can rest assured that we will fight for a satisfactory resolution to your custody, support, property division, and other outstanding issues. Our vast experience arguing cases in state and federal courts has prepared us for virtually every possible scenario. We will craft a smart, compelling legal strategy tailored to your needs and goals and aggressively pursue your ideal outcome.
Divorce doesn’t only impact spouses; it also profoundly affects children. If you have kids, you deserve a family lawyer who places a significant emphasis on your children’s best interests when fighting for your custodial rights and negotiating a child support arrangement. As parents ourselves, we treat legal matters involving children with the utmost seriousness and sensitivity.
Whether you are seeking a quick no-fault divorce or your divorce has become contested, our firm’s West Village divorce attorneys can offer you the solid legal support and outstanding service you need during this difficult time. Our founder, Steven J. Mandel, often says to clients, “Your problems are now my problems.”
Steven Mandel has received many prestigious awards and accolades throughout his 40+ years representing clients in the West Village and throughout New York City. In addition to being named a “Top 100 Lawyer in the United States” and a “Super Lawyer,” Steven Mandel also has a 10.0 Avvo rating and an “AV Preeminent Rating” fromMartindale-Hubbell, a designation held by just 10 percent of all attorneys. One of his favorite legal maximsis, “The good lawyers know the law; the great lawyers know how to make the law work for you.”
Family Legal Matters The Mandel Law Firm Handles
Our West Village family law lawyers have the experience and resources to help with matters including:
- Divorce – If you and your spouse can cooperate on a settlement agreement, our attorneys can help you work out the terms of your separation and get your divorce finalized in as little as one month. If your divorce has become contested, we will do everything in our power to help you resolve the disputes through negotiation or litigation.
- Complex high net worth divorce– When significant assets are a factor in your divorce, you need a lawyer with experience handling such cases. Our high net worth divorce attorneys in the West Village can protect your interests and consult with financial experts so that your joint marital property is divided fairly.
- Same-sex divorce and other LGBTQ issues– Same-sex divorce is a relatively new but rapidly growing area of the law. As pioneers in the New York marriage equality movement, our LGBTQ family law attorneys are well-positioned to help you with matters involving divorce, adoption, non-biological parenting rights, and more.
- Spousal maintenance/alimony– We can help you understand how spousal maintenance is determined and negotiate terms if you have extenuating circumstances not reflected in the state’s formula.
- Child custody and visitation– If you have children, one of the most challenging and sensitive issues that must be addressed during divorce is custody and visitation. As parents, we want to help you maintain a meaningful relationship with each of your children after the divorce. Our West Village child custody lawyers can craft a custody arrangement or visitation schedule that prioritizes your child’s best interests while providing the parenting time you need to foster those relationships.
- Child support– Whether you are paying or receiving child support, we can help you establish, modify, or enforce an agreement that keeps both your and your child’s best interests top of mind.
- Post-divorce conflict– The Mandel Law Firm is prepared to continue serving you as necessary after your divorce has been finalized. It’s common for ex-spouses to go through disputes over child custody arrangements, visitation schedules, support orders, and marital property that hasn’t been transferred. We can help you find solutions when conflict flares up post-divorce.
These are just some of the ways our West Village family law lawyers serve our clients. We also help with non-traditional adoptions, disputes over marital agreements, domestic violence, parental child abduction, military family legal issues, and immigration legal issues involving family members and fiancees.
Our attorneys understand that the deeply personal nature of family law matters can take an enormous toll on you and your loved ones. Let us lift the burden from your shoulders by using our wealth of legal knowledge and insight to handle every aspect of your case for you.
Contact a West Village Family Law Attorney at The Mandel Law Firm
Call The Mandel Law Firm today at 646-770-3868 for help with your divorce or family dispute. When you hire our West Village Family Law attorneys, you will work with one of the top firms in the city.Contact us to set up a consultation today.