How The Mandel Law Firm Can Help You
One of the hallmarks of our firm is our unique ability to determine whether negotiation or litigation is in a client’s best interests. Our attorneys are experienced negotiators and will do everything we can to work through any disputes with your spouse out of court. We know how to compromise without budging on the issues that matter most. We will advocate for your interests when negotiating the various aspects of your separation agreement with your spouse, including how you will divide your property, share custody of your children, and pay or receive spousal support.
At the same time, we understand that, in some cases, negotiation isn’t productive. Our seasoned trial attorneys won’t hesitate to fight for your parenting and property rights in court if we believe that going before a judge will benefit you the most. We’ll explain the legal process, file and submit your paperwork correctly and on time, and provide you with aggressive representation in the courtroom.
If you have children, we will always respect their interests and keep their needs and the quality of your relationship with them at the forefront of our minds. We have seen first-hand how divorce impacts children, and as parents ourselves, we will approach all legal issues involving your children with the highest degree of sensitivity and compassion.
The Mandel Law Firm has received countless awards and accolades over the years, and we have built a reputation for excellence one client at a time. Steven Mandel has been named a “Super Lawyer” and a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer in the United States,” in addition to having a 10.0 Avvo rating for “legal experience, peer recognition, and client satisfaction.” If you’re looking for a family law firm that can provide you with the personalized attention and tenacious representation you deserve, you’ve come to the right place.
Types of Cases The Mandel Law Firm Handles
Our Midtown family law attorneys have the experience and track record to help you with numerous legal issues, including:
- Divorce – Divorce can be an emotionally and financially draining process. You need an attorney who can provide you with the legal support and counsel it takes to get you through this difficult time and help you plan for your future. Our Chelsea divorce attorneys will do everything we can to help you obtain a positive result via negotiation – but if necessary, we will aggressively fight for your rights in court. If you and your spouse have significant assets, we will insist that your marital property is fairly divided and work to mitigate your risk of incurring debt you shouldn’t be responsible for. And as proud supporters of LGBTQ rights, we also have extensive experience with same-sex divorce and understand the special considerations that same-sex couples sometimes have to make.
- Spousal maintenance – Whether you are paying or receiving spousal maintenance (alimony), we can help you seek a fair arrangement regarding the amount and duration of payments. While these terms are guided by a formula set by New York State, we know how to advocate effectively for a satisfactory outcome within those margins.
- Child support– Child support can be a contentious topic for divorcing parents. Contrary to what some parents believe, the sole aim of child support is to benefit the children, not to punish the parent who pays support. We will work to secure a fair arrangement for you while also keeping your child’s best interests in mind.
- Child custody– As parents, we understand how important spending quality time with your kids is. Our child support attorneys in Midtown will protect your parental rights and work to negotiate a favorable child custody arrangement on your behalf, allowing you to continue fostering a meaningful relationship with your children after your divorce.
- Post-divorce disputes– Disputes involving child custody, child support, spousal support, and other issues sometimes flare up after a divorce has been finalized. We can help you resolve those issues as expeditiously as possible, so you can get back to living your life.
Our Midtown family law lawyers can also help you with non-traditional adoptions, domestic violence, emergency protective orders, paternity, parental abduction, marital agreements, international and immigration family law, military family law issues, and more.
It may be your first time going through a divorce or dealing with family legal matters, but it isn’t ours. We have built a strong reputation as a preeminent New York family law firm. When you work with us, your problems become our problems. We will take care of every aspect of your case so that you can focus on other important matters.
Contact a Midtown Family Lawyer
Our Midtown family law attorneys know how stressful and emotional divorce and other such matters can be. Let us take some of this burden from your shoulders. Contact us today by calling 646-770-3868 to schedule a consultation and discover why so many Manhattanites have turned to The Mandel Law Firm for support in their time of need.