Upper West Side Family Lawyers
Skilled Upper West Side Family Lawyers
If you’re seeking a divorce on the Upper West Side, the Mandel Law Firm can guide you through the entire process and help you secure a favorable divorce settlement. Our founder, Steven J. Mandel, has been handling family law cases in New York City and beyond since the 1980s. When you work with our firm, your problems become our problems. We will do everything we can to help you dissolve your marriage on favorable terms.
While we believe in a collaborative approach and aim to help you save time and money by negotiating the terms of your divorce outside the courts, we also have the knowledge and skills to represent you aggressively at trial. Contact us today for a consultation to learn why so many couples have turned to an Upper West Side family lawyer with the Mandel Law Firm for help.
Why Choose the Mandel Law Firm?
One trait that sets the Mandel Law Firm apart is our unique ability to determine whether negotiation or litigation offers a client the best chance of success. We will spend time getting to know you and your situation so we can discern which path will more likely benefit you in the long run. While our attorneys have successfully resolved many cases through negotiation, we’re also not afraid to defend your rights and advocate for your interests in court.
If you and your spouse have decided to end your marriage amicably, we can help you negotiate a favorable settlement agreement that addresses all of the components of your divorce. If minor disputes arise during negotiations, we’ll do what we can to help you resolve those disagreements through compromise.
One of Steven Mandel’s rules is, “peace has its price, but it’s important to know what the price is.” So while we always prioritize negotiation, our experience has taught us that disputes can’t always be resolved through compromise. The last thing we want is for you to walk away from your marriage with an unfair deal. If negotiations are not productive, we will provide you with the fierce representation you deserve in court. We will guide you through every stage of the divorce proceedings, offer you reliable legal counsel, and craft a robust legal strategy tailored to your objectives. While most lawyers plan to win, our Upper West Side divorce lawyers know how to effectuate the plan.
If you have minor children, issues like child custody and child support will be part of your divorce decree. All of the attorneys at the Mandel Law Firm are parents, so we understand how delicate these issues can be. You can have peace of mind knowing that we will always give special consideration to your child’s best interests when approaching legal matters that relate to your kids.
How the Mandel Law Firm Can Help
The Mandel Law Firm has extensive experience helping clients on New York’s Upper West Side with:
- Divorce – If you’re seeking a basic no-fault divorce, our attorneys can help you negotiate a separation agreement with your spouse and finalize your divorce in as little as one month. If your divorce is contested, we will fight for your parenting and property rights in court. We also have the experience to help clients navigate high net worth complex divorce, same-sex divorce, property division issues, and annulments.
- Child support– It’s not uncommon for couples to have disagreements about child support. We can help you resolve disputes and create a workable child support agreement with your spouse. We can also help you enforce or modify your support order under certain circumstances.
- Child custody– Our Upper West Side child custody lawyers can negotiate a child custody arrangement that respects your important position in your kids’ lives. You can count on us to protect your custodial rights throughout the divorce process. We can also help with relocation requests, enforcing and modifying child custody orders, and visitation for non-custodial parents and grandparents.
- Spousal maintenance – Spousal maintenance, also called alimony, is not an element of every divorce decree. New York’s standardized formula guides but does not always bind such agreements. If spousal support is part of your separation agreement or divorce decree, we can help you secure a fair spousal support order through negotiation or litigation.
- Post-divorce disputes– We can help resolve post-divorce disputes over support orders, custody, visitation, marital agreements, property division, and other issues through negotiation or litigation.
- LGBTQ family law issues – Steven Mandel and the rest of the firm have been committed advocates of equitable marriage rights for decades. As such, we helped pioneer this burgeoning field of family law. We can help you with a variety of LGBTQ-specific issues, including non-biological parents’ rights, trust and estate planning matters, second parent adoptions, and cohabitation agreements.
- Domestic Violence – We are committed to helping the survivors of domestic violence get the protection and peace of mind they need. We can file temporary protective orders on your behalf as we seek longer-term solutions. We also help those who have been wrongfully accused of domestic violence avoid the criminal and civil repercussions of false allegations.
We can also help you navigate other sensitive family legal matters, including:
- Non-traditional adoption
- Disputing and enforcing marital agreements
- Immigration law as it relates to fiancees and family members
- International family law
- Parental child abduction
- Military family law issues
The Mandel Law Firm is one of the preeminent family law firms on the Upper West Side and throughout New York. We have set the standard for personalized service and vigorous legal representation for decades. We take the time to understand your legal, financial, and emotional needs so that we can provide you with the individualized attention you deserve.
Contact an Upper West Side Family Law Attorney at the Mandel Law Firm
Whether you are dealing with divorce or another family legal issue on the Upper West Side, the Mandel Law Firm can help you achieve your goals. Contact us at 646-770-3868 to set up a consultation today.