What the Mandel Law Firm Can Do for You
At The Mandel Law Firm, our decades of experience handling an array of family law matters have taught us how to determine the most beneficial course of action for our clients. While our goal is to resolve your divorce or familial dispute amicably, we understand that litigation may be necessary to achieve your objectives. You can rely on our ability to guide you on the path most likely to lead to a positive outcome.
We strongly believe in compromise and negotiation since a cooperative allows for a speedier resolution. Collaborating with your spouse on a separation agreement gives you more control over the conditions of your divorce. It also allows you to begin a new chapter of your life on good terms with your soon-to-be ex, which can be especially beneficial if you share children.
Our dedicated family lawyers can help you save precious time and money by negotiating a separation agreement with your spouse that addresses all of the significant facets of your divorce. A skilled family lawyer in Lower Manhattan can protect your rights and help you iron out any disagreements that arise during negotiations. We will work hard so that your marriage is dissolved on favorable terms and that you don’t walk away with less than you deserve.
Sometimes disputes over spousal support, custody, property division, debt allocation, or other issues are unavoidable. In that case, we are prepared to advocate on your behalf in court. We will use our extensive experience to build a robust, tailored legal strategy based on your needs and desires and then execute that strategy in court.
As parents, we understand that divorce can also profoundly affect children. If you have kids, we will do everything we can to protect your parental rights and secure a favorable support arrangement.
Our founder Steven J. Mandel is one of the most decorated and renowned family law attorneys in New York City, and he has been helping clients in Lower Manhattan since 1980. When you work with him, you’ll benefit from his maxim, “Your problems are now my problems.”
Types of Cases The Mandel Law Firm Handles
Our Lower Manhattan family lawyers can help you navigate various delicate legal issues, including:
- Divorce – The end of a marriage can be stressful. We can make it less so. Our Lower Manhattan divorce attorneys can help you obtain a lightning-fast no-fault divorce in as little as one month. If you and your spouse cannot agree on the major issues of your divorce, we will aggressively represent you in court. And as longtime allies of the LGBTQ community, we also understand the unique challenges of same-sex divorce and have the tools to help same-sex couples navigate this rapidly developing area of the law.
- Child custody– We can help you establish a child custody agreement that prioritizes your child’s best interests and your relationship with them. If your circumstances change, we can help you alter your child custody arrangement by petitioning the court for a modification. And if your ex-spouse fails to uphold their obligations under your divorce decree, we can help you enforce its terms.
- Child support– In addition to helping you negotiate a child support order that is fair to you and your child, we can assist you if you need to modify or enforce an existing child support order. Our goal is to see that your child is properly provided for and that you don’t get taken advantage of when a child support arrangement is being negotiated.
- Spousal maintenance – Our Lower Manhattan alimony attorneys can help you establish, enforce, or modify a maintenance arrangement as needed. While standardized formulas provide them with guidance, judges have some discretion to rule in such matters, and it pays to have a lawyer who knows how to represent you effectively.
- Post-divorce disputes– Sometimes, former spouses run into conflict over maintenance orders, custody arrangements, and marital property after a divorce has been finalized. We are prepared to continue serving you if disputes arise after your marriage ends.
In addition, we also help families with complex, high net worth divorce, marital agreement disputes, non-traditional adoptions, parental child abduction, military family legal matters, and immigration issues involving family members and fiancees. These legal matters can be stressful, but you do not have to face them alone. Let The Mandel Law Firm handle the details of your case, so you don’t have to.
Contact a Lower Manhattan Family Law Attorney
If you are going through a divorce or dealing with a family legal issue in Lower Manhattan, The Mandel Law Firm is ready to help. Our team of accomplished family lawyers will provide you with the individualized attention and compassionate legal support you need to overcome this painful ordeal and emerge well-prepared to start a new chapter. Contact us online or by calling 646-770-3868 to discover why so many people have chosen to work with our Lower Manhattan family law lawyers.