Greenwich Village Family Lawyers
Skilled Greenwich Village Family Lawyers
How Can The Mandel Law Firm Help Me?
At The Mandel Law Firm, we know how stressful family law matters can be for everyone involved, especially when they lead to a long, costly court battle. That’s why we prioritize resolving disputes through negotiation whenever possible. If you’re going through a divorce, our attorneys will do everything we can to iron out any disagreements with your spouse and help you end your marriage on favorable terms without spending copious amounts of time and money in litigation.
Of course, litigation is sometimes necessary when couples can’t agree on specific issues and negotiations prove unfruitful. We pride ourselves on our ability to identify the best path for our clients based on their unique circumstances.
If certain disputes cannot be resolved through compromise, our trial attorneys are more than prepared to represent you in court. As founder Steven J. Mandel says, “In preparing for trial, I prepare for war, but always hope for peace.” We will fight for your rights regarding property division, custody, alimony, and other issues related to your divorce. You can count on us to guide and support you through this challenging ordeal.
If you have minor children, you can also trust us to consider their best interests when handling issues such as child custody, child support, visitation, and paternity. As parents ourselves, we understand how important your relationship with your children is, and we will make every effort to approach legal matters involving your kids with compassion and care.
If you are divorcing your spouse or dealing with another family law issue in Greenwich Village, you need an attorney who can provide you with sound legal advice and unfailing support. You need an attorney from The Mandel Law Firm.
Steven Mandel has been recognized as a “Top 100 Lawyer in the United States” and a “Super Lawyer.” He was recently recognized by New York Magazine as a Family Law Practitioner of the Year and enjoys a 10.0 Avvo rating for “legal experience, peer recognition, and client satisfaction.” He has frequently been praised for securing favorable results in “un-winnable” cases by tailoring his legal strategy to suit each client’s personal needs and goals. He can do the same for you.
Types of Cases The Mandel Law Firm Handles
The Mandel Law Firm helps Greenwich Village-area clients with a wide range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce – We can help you obtain a lightning-fast, uncontested divorce in as little as one month. Alternatively, we can resolve contested issues like property division, custody issues, and spousal support in court. We are not afraid of a fight if that’s what it takes to resolve your case to your satisfaction.
- Same-sex divorce and other LGBTQ issues– The legal process for same-sex divorce is the same as for opposite-sex couples. However, same-sex divorces sometimes present unique challenges involving property division, custody, and spousal support. We will work through those nuances with you and help you finalize your divorce as quickly and as expeditiously as possible so that you can start fresh. The Mandel Law Firm has been leading the charge in this developing area of law for years, and we are strong supporters of the LGBTQ community in Greenwich Village.
- High net worth divorce– If your divorce involves significant assets, we can help you protect the value of your property and investments while facilitating an agreeable divorce settlement. We will work hard to mitigate your chances of incurring debts and liabilities that your spouse should be responsible for.
- Child custody– As parents, we understand the importance of your relationship with your kids. Divorce can make that more difficult if you cannot obtain a favorable custody agreement. Our Greenwich Village child custody attorneys can help you negotiate a custody or visitation schedule with your spouse. We will fight for your right to parenting time in court if necessary. We can also assist you in modifying and enforcing custody orders, altering visitation schedules, and submitting relocation requests. If you’re a grandparent, we can help you pursue visitation rights so that you can spend time with your grandkids.
- Child support– We will always consider your child’s best interests when it comes to child support matters. In addition to establishing an agreement that conforms to the state’s rules, we can also help you enforce a child support order if your spouse has failed to make payments. If you’ve experienced an unexpected change in your financial circumstances, we can petition the court to modify the order on your behalf.
- Spousal maintenance – Money is among the most contentious issues in many divorces. Our Greenwich Village alimony attorneys can help you work within the formula established by the state to reach a satisfactory agreement.
- Post-divorce disputes– We regularly serve clients after their divorces have been finalized. If you and your spouse disagree about custody, support, property and debt division, or another matter after you’ve dissolved your marriage, we can help you find a satisfactory solution through negotiation or litigation if needed.
Some other common family legal matters we handle include: challenging and enforcing pre- and postnuptial agreements, helping victims of domestic violence seek protective orders, non-traditional adoptions, parental child abduction cases, international family law, and immigration law for family members and fiancees.
Given the personal nature of divorce and other family legal matters, it’s crucial to hire an attorney you trust completely. Our Greenwich Village family law attorneys will take the time to understand your emotional, financial, and legal goals to help you reach your ideal outcome. You can rely on us to fight for you and provide outstanding, individualized legal counsel.
Contact a Greenwich Village Family Lawyer at The Mandel Law Firm
If you are seeking a divorce or need help resolving another family legal matter, call the Greenwich Village family attorneys with The Mandel Law Firm at 646-770-3868. We will use every legal tool at our disposal to build a positive outcome for you and your family. Contact our office to schedule a consultation.